Monday, June 6, 2016

Lentil Penne with Avocado Sauce

Hello everyone! I have been slacking on posting lately, but need to get back in the swing of things. A few weeks ago I came across Pinch Of Yum's  Burst tomato and Zucchini Spaghetti with Avocado Sauce recipe. The nutrition tip at my gym for the week was to try a bean pasta, whether it be lentil, edamame, black bean etc, so I thought why not make the sauce and pair with the red lentil pasta I bought at the store earlier in the week. Lentil Pasta is not only great for those with allergies or gluten intolerance, its also a great source of protein and fiber.

I started by making the avocado sauce. You will need the following:
  • 1 avocado
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley
  • 3-4 green onions (green parts)
  • 1 garlic clove
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • freshly ground pepper to taste

I add all the above ingredients to my food processor and pulsed it until the sauce was smooth and creamy. I then set this aside.

I wanted to add some more veggies to my dish since I was skipping out on the zucchini noodles. I decided to add some cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. In a pan I tossed some olive and garlic. I then added a basket of mushrooms and cooked those, half way through I added some cherry tomatoes and cooked those until they began to pop.

Meanwhile I boiled water with some pink himalayan salt and added the red lentil penne. After this was cooked I drained the pasta and added it back to the pot holding the pasta. I added the Avocado Sauce and tossed them together. I then added these to a bowl and topped the pasta with the tomato and mushrooms. My boyfriend added parmesan while I stuck with a dairy free meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment