E and I have started to really focus on our nutrition. We are trying to follow as closely as possible to the Paleo Diet. We are on Day 6, and feeling an energy boost and E says his clothes already feel like they fit him better.
Saturday Night is pizza night in our house, since we are cutting out dairy and grains that made things interesting, until Cali'flour Foods saved the day. Disclaimer, I didn't read the ingredients and it had some parmesan cheese in the crust, but such is life. The crust is made of cauliflower, eggs, cheese and spices right here in good ole' Chico, California.
With crust in my hand I left New Earth Market with an idea to make a Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza.
Here is what you will need:
- One Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Cooked Chicken Breast
- Ranch Dressing
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
I made this pretty easy on me and had a lot of already made items ready to go. Here is how it all went down:
- Slightly defrost the crust, I am talking maybe 5 minutes so its malleable and can be laid flat.
- While the crust was defrosting I chopped up some and crisped the bacon in the frying pan.
- Place crust on parchment paper. Parchment paper is the KEY to pizza crust.
- Cover crust with ranch dressing, I used Tessemae's Zesty Ranch.
- Top the pizza with the chicken breast and bacon.
- Bake pizza to crisp crust, we are #blessed to have a Breville Pizza Maker. If you make pizzas often and don't have one, run do not walk to your nearest William Sonoma and get one. My mom gave me one for Christmas and we use it regularly.
- While the pizza is crisping I toss the arugula, extra bacon bits, tomatoes and avocado with Tessemae's Balsamic dressing.
- Pull pizza out of oven and slice.
- Top with salad an ENJOY!
I am on the hunt for more Whole 30 friendly pizza ideas as well any recipes, blogs, Instragrams, Snapchats, Pinterest etc that I need to check out. Please share!