Sunday, May 8, 2016

Salmon Burgers With Thai Slaw

It looks like I have FINALLY made the decision to start posting on my blog. I have had this URL since January. I want to use this as a platform to share recipes, work outs, insight etc that I am enjoying at the moment. My gym, KAIA Fit, started a new session this week and I promised to share one recipe a week.

I made this easy meal after work last week. Its simple, quick and tasty. I was inspired by Nutmeg Nannny's Thai Chicken burger recipe. I made my life a little easier by using pre-made salmon burger patties from Trader Joe's, paired with a Thai Slaw and topped with a dollop of Sriracha mayonnaise and avocado.

My boyfriend and I have been working on incorporating healthier meals into our life and cooking at home instead of running down the street for Thai Food or a burrito bowl. He LOVED this, in fact he is at the store right now to get the ingredients for the slaw to prep for his lunch this week. He is going to throw a patty in the foreman and scarf this on his lunch break while he is home letting our fur baby, Ranger out.

Please tweak this recipe and let me know your new ideas. I think it would be great with chicken or turkey patties, adding thai basil or cabbage to the slaw or on a brioche bun!

Ingredients:


Slaw:
Bag of Broccoli Slaw
One Jalapeño
Two Tablespoon of Minced Cilantro
Two Tablespoon of Minced Mint Leaves

Dressing:
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
Two tablespoons brown sugar
Two tablespoons olive oil
Two tablespoons rice vinegar
Two teaspoons coconut aminos
One teaspoon fish sauce
Two Teaspoons Minced Ginger

Sriracha Mayo:
Two tablespoons Mayonnaise
Two teaspoons Sriracha 

Avocado

I started by making the dressing. I have a new favorite kitchen gadget, the Cuisine Art Magic Stick. I used the whisk attachment to mixed all the ingredients together, and next time I will use the food processor for the ginger. I mixed the dressing and set it aside. 

Next I made the slaw, I chopped the cilantro, mint and jalapeño with the Magic Sticks food processor attachments and threw this all in a bowl and poured the dressing over the top. I set it in the refrigerator to marinate.

Next I cooked the salmon patties on our George Foreman. Next time I will brush the grill with some coconut oil as the patties were sticky.

While those were cooking I quickly mixed together some Sriracha and Mayonnaise. My boyfriend E and I like our food spicy, so feel free to add more or less.

I then plated the meal by placing the slaw on the plate and rested the salmon burger on top. I added a dollop of the Sriracha mayonnaise and half an avocado to the top. 


No comments:

Post a Comment